Monday, December 5, 2011

 Ethiopia on my mind...Art for a good cause.

    What a way to start a new blog. So much is on my mind and heart I don't know where to begin. So we started Sallie Jane(named after both of our baby girls, awww) about a month ago. We both have a constant need to be creative and we love art and we love to create art, so there it is in a nut shell! Maybe I will catch ya'll up on our life later, right now I am so excited I am about to burst! 

    I am about to burst because I just met my Ethiopian 1 year old nephew Isaiah for the first time! My sister and brother in law have been in the adoption process for two years. It has been very long and draining, I cannot believe this process is almost over, so thankful for that. Seeing him finally make it home was completely magical, truly. 

    Through the adoption process I have been profoundly moved it has spoken volumes to me. This process has painted a beautiful picture of a family who will go to the ends of the earth for a child that has been abandoned. A child that is precious but was left alone. They are showing this child exactly what he should always know, we wanted you as OUR child, you are OUR child, you were made to be in OUR family and we will do anything under the sun to get you to us. 

    We want to help out people any chance we can. We are always looking for stories that strike a chord in our heart. Periodically we want to produce a series of prints that will be dedicated to a certain cause. We are selling these two Ethiopian inspired prints, 50% of the proceeds will go to Kidmia(kidmia.org). Kidmia's vision is to see orphaned Ethiopian children released from poverty and to be reunited or placed with loving, Christian Ethiopian families. Their hope is that the children will become constructive and productive citizens of their country and that they will enjoy their life in their country to the fullest(You can purchase these from our ETSY shop). I personally think the vintage Ethiopian flag would look so cute in a nursery or child's room. I mean how cool would it be to have a whole wall of art that was purchased to help out the world! 


                                                
                                 Peace on Earth and Good Will Towards Men!!! 
                                                   Sallie Jane Studios
Labels: ethiopia, kidmia, linocut, orphans, pen and ink, watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment